Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Writing&rhetoric-Lee Dong hyun/About myself/Tuesday 56

Regardless of significance or level of privacy, all of us have our own secrets. People may not disclose them because they do not wish to or they do not feel the need to. My name is Lee Dong hyun, a second grade student majoring in Chinese. However this is a fact that everyone can easily find out. When people look at me, the first impression I give is that I am a quiet person who likes to read books and study. Even though I am a quiet individual, piece information that I would like to reveal about myself is that I am very fond of singing.

           Singing has not always been my hobby and interest. When I was young, I was not really attracted to going to 'karaoke' because I was embarrassed to sing in front of others. It was not until I got into college when I developed an interest in singing. During my first year, I joined my department's singing club. I have never thought that I was a decent singer, but after hearing from my classmates that I had soft voice, I gained confidence about singing. As a result, I volunteered to participate in singing performances as much as possible. For instance, last year during the school's fall festival, our singing club participated in a singing contest which won us the second prize. After a year in this club activity, I really felt that I have spent a satisfactory college year.

           Normally, I would not have revealed such fact about myself. As a shy person, I am not inclined to tell others of my hobby. Nevertheless, since singing is a great hobby of mine, I am proud to share my story with others.

 

1 comment:

  1. I think that singing is a wonderful talent to have. Thanks for sharing!

    -Seoung Hee (Sarah) Yoo

    ReplyDelete