Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Seoung Hee (Sarah) Yoo, About myself


My dirty secret


There is a saying, 'it takes a lifetime to know a person completely'. Even if that person is someone close by, such as your parents, your lover or your best friend, it is difficult to know every aspect of one's life or character. Everyone has secrets that they may not want to disclose or never got the chance to tell. As for myself, I have a secret that I am planning to share in this writing.  

I have a lot of hobbies including watching movies, socializing, traveling, reading movie and book critics and more. However, the truth is, I have another hobby that was always subject to secrecy. That is, I love cleaning. Some people, especially men, may consider cleaning as a daily chore, not a hobby. However, I consider cleaning as one of the best hobbies anyone can have. It's not that I have an obsession with hygiene, but I really enjoy the exercise of dusting, sweeping and wiping. Cleaning is a good way of feeling self-satisfaction and claiming superiority. Thus, it is an efficient way of relieving my stress. I never got to reveal this secret because people might find it bizarre and generally no one says that cleaning is their hobby. However, now that the secret is out, I would like to say that there has been many upsides to having this hobby. Cleaning has helped me to stay organized, heighten my concentration and feel the satisfaction of eliminating a task from my to-do-list.


Everyone have different tastes and interests that may be unacceptable to others. I admit, cleaning is a unique hobby. Despite conflicting opinions on this matter, I think that tidying is one of the most enjoyable and helpful hobbies that I enjoy to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment