Monday, March 9, 2015

Writing and Rhetoric-Gayeon Lee/About myself/Tuesday 5-6

Hi my name is Gayeon Lee. I'm from Busan, Korea. I love my hometown with a temperate climate and friendly people. I am a shy girl, so I prefer to write than to speak. I hope to write and speak fluently in English through this class.

This time, I want to talk about my hobbies. It sounds a bit awkward but I love learning itself, whether it is sports or language. One of the best things I've done in 2014 would be joining the school rowing club. During the semester I worked out with my peers to improve physical fitness. When the vacation started, we moved in near the Misari Boat Race Course. I learned the basic techniques of rowing under professional coach and trained hard for the competition. Those training days were pretty hard and sometimes made me feel like quitting. However, it was one of the most worthwhile experiences in my life and it tremendously influenced me in a good way.

These days, my main interest is to learn Chinese. The motive is a little silly but my desire to have a good command of a foreign language is stronger than ever. It then put me to register at a Chinese academy in HUFS which starts at 8 in the morning, Monday to Friday. It is a one-semester course, and I hope to be able to have a conversation with Chinese after 4 months.

Recently, I've chosen Computer Science as my double major. Science itself sounds strange in this school, but I was excited to hear that we finally can study science officially starting from this semester. Through the coursework, I'm particularly interested in Python, which is one of the programming languages. I've heard of C, C++, or Java but never had an experience of learning one. I wish to make the most of this excellent opportunity and make use of my knowledge to converge natural language with computer language. 

1 comment:

  1. Gayeon Lee,you are a very interesting person. I always liked people who primarily want to get acquainted with yourself and develop themselves and their capabilities.I also directed toward self-development and sports.

    ReplyDelete