Monday, May 25, 2015

Darina Yerezhepova, Tue 5/6, Classification Essay Why you are not qualified for your dream job

Dream job: reality or myth?


As I remember there were a lot of variants of the future profession ranging from ballerina to theoretical physicist since I was a child. I strongly believe all people want money to appear from nothing as if by magic. So they do not have to spend whole life to survive and can enjoy the full life. A private entrepreneur is one of the occupation which can provide this. Unfortunately, instead of setting up and materializing plans, I am still wasting four years of precious life by studying Korean at the university. There are several things that keep me away from my dreams: the mentality of the society I live in, a big amount of money I need and lack of self-confident.


The main thing among them is the mentality of our people. Family, where children after finishing school do not enter the university and start working is considered to be a dysfunctional family. And in contrast a girl who stage-by-stage finishes school, enters the university, graduate it and marries provides an example of good upbringing and as a consequence let parents be proud of their child. In our country, social roles of male and females are classical as in almost societies, which means man is a daily-breader and woman is a domestic goddess. So any violation of the tenor of such life is not regarded as a natural phenomenon. Professions which is time-consuming can disturb a balance of mother-child relationship and are not encouraged by either men or women.


The second thing is a big start-up capital needed first of all for collecting documents and setting up.  By our laws, you must collect so many documents that I think it is much easier to do it illegally. And it stands to reason that if you want to open not just beer stand near you own house you should have a big budget. Expenses like leasing of premises, state duty, employment, etc. drain purse before you can say knife. And all this is a disabling burden for an 18-year-old girl, who just gets her drive license. Our government gives the opportunity for people to become financially independent by giving low-interest loans but in fact government prefers helping adults since they adhere the opinion that youth do not have credibility.


The last thing that does not let me achieve my goals is the lack of self-confidence, which appeared I think because of fear to face all these difficulties. I can not even imagine how many opportunities were missed because of fear of failure, being ridiculed, not equaling hopes of your family and friends.


Summing up above, there are a lot of answers to the question why I am not qualifying my dream job. They can not be solved in simple and effective at the same time way. Nevertheless as Paul Arden, the author of the book "It's Not How Good You Are, said it's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment